PIRONGIA COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION - About Us
- access to decision makers, and a way to ask hard questions
- get information about what is happening in the village
- great speakers on interesting topics
- be part of setting direction for Pirongia
- get involved in local community projects
Over the past 12 months we have addressed a number of areas that were identified at the 2020 AGM. These include
- environmental issues such as rubbish collection, lighting, and roads
- safety in the village: personal, road, river
- public amenities
- the Councils Long Term Plan
Topics are addressed and actioned at each public meeting.
Information is updated here regularly and is also available on our Facebook page.
All residents of Pirongia are welcome at public meetings, held four times a year at the Community Centre or the premises of a local busines/organisation. Please get in touch if your organisation would like to host a meeting.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pirongia Community Association exists to represent the residents and ratepayers of Pirongia and its immediate surrounds.
Waipa District Councillors also usually attend these meetings.
Meetings are open to the public, but voting rights are reserved for signed up members. There is an elected committee, and a team of two - part time Community Connector, Ruth and Community Hall manager Chris.